Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Table Top Day

Hi everybody,
The powers that be over at Geek and Sundry have decided that boardgames are so great, that we as a community of gamers should dedicate a specific day to do nothing but play them.  Myself being not only an avid Miniature Gamer but also a huge fan of Board Games can only agree.  Thus they decided that international Table Top Day would be born.

The goal is to host, or attend an event and play board games.  It is an absolute win/win situation for everyone involved!  What a fantastic opportunity to get together with good friends, game groups, etc and get some seriuos gaming in.  I will definitely be participating in this huge event!

If you'r not sure how to participate then head on over to TableTopDay.com and they have an interactive map where you'll be able to enter your zip code and find gaming events being hosted near you on that day!  If there isn't one you are invited to create your own event and sign up to win free promo's from the companies that have jumped on board to help out which is awesome.

As of writing there are no events in Springfield, so I'll be hosting an event at my home from 10AM until 12PM or whenever everybody jumps ship I suppose, but even after that I'll probably insist my wife accompany me playing into the wee hours of the morning.  If your in my area and interested in participating in TableTopDay with me, just drop me an e-mail and I'll be happy to share this fun with you!

To help support the event, if your on twitter tag your twitter posts about it with #TableTopDay and help spread the word.  So, go forth, play games, have fun!

No comments: