Sunday, July 7, 2013

Grudge of Drong Scenario 1 Battle Report

Hello everyone,
Assuming you've heard the last podcast released (and if you haven't go get it here) then you may want to take a look at this Battle Report.  This is the game that Ryan G. and I played for the 1st scenario in our coverage of The Grudge of Drong.

Joe
Krudd Mad-Mattock
Thane - BSB, Master Rune of Gromril, Rune of Resistance, Rune of Cleaving
25 Warriors - FC, Shields
25 Warriors - FC, GW, Shields
20 Longbeards - FC, GW, Master Rune of Grugni
20 Miners - FC

Ryan
Fendar
Mage - Level 1, Lore of High Magic, Khaine's Ring of Fury
15 Archers - Musician
15 Archers - Musician
26 Lothern Sea Guard - FC, Sheilds
30 Spearmen - FC, Shields
9 Silver Helms - FC, Shields



You can see here the set up we ended up running.  As long as you listen to the show and maybe look at this post at the same time you will completely understand.
This picture was before I started my marching across the board and pre Ryan being completely set up due to the scenario special rules.



You can see in this series me jockying for position to force Ryan to charge over the abandoned mine shaft.  Sadly as you can tell from this last picture I finally gave up after he simply continued the chicken elf tactic of moving backwards.



In this final series of picture you can see Ryan finally hit me with his Silver Helms and Spear Elves breaking me.  I then proceeded to run over the abandoned mine shaft where I lost 8 men.  Also my Miners finally arrive but far too late to have any impact on the game.  My Warriors rally to be hit again by the Silver Helms alone but I hold through the Steadfast and my Longbeards make the charge on the center Archers winning and running off of the board.

This eventually is what gives me the victory by 150 VP to 25 VP.  A good time.

2 comments:

Mark said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mark said...

Looks to be a load of fun and as you mentioned a great palate cleanser from all that Tournament prep.