Saturday, April 11, 2009

Adepti-fail...

So I have returned from Adepticon. There is only so much I can say; but the general statement is awestruck. Upon walking into the main hall I was greeted by the 40k Gladiator tournament. Forgeworld as far as the eye could see. Titatns, Flyers, Demons, Bugs... All enormous and beautiful! More money than I'd ever be able to force myself to spend on a single model; but awfully damned cool to look at.

As far as the Fantasy Championships go I was mostly fail. Partly because of the lack of experience running the Dwarf's and partly bad dice. Win against Empire, Draw against Wood Elfs and a Loss against both High Elfs and Ogre Kindgoms. Loss by a very slim margin against the Ogre Kingdoms. If he hadn't rallied a unit on his last turn it would've been a draw. Very fun tournament and pretty well run too. There wasn't a lot of wait time to get things moving and lot's of cool stuff. All told I ended up in 68th out of 119 players. Middle of the packish.

I have pics that I haven't posted yet and I'll get to when I record the next Podcast which should be soon.

No comments: